Broccoli Ultimate

20 January 2006

Broccoli gets bad press


It would appear that we have some very powerful enemies across the world. Ex-President of the United State, George H Bush (daddy of George dubya Bush) once said:

"I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli."

He also famously once said:

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

At least now we know why junior is "intellectually challenged"! The good news is that after the comment was made the Broccoli Growers Lobby went on the attack, claiming that the President's comments had adversely affected their product's image with the wider public. They forced him into backtracking and the White House released a statement listing the virtues of the broc.

Hooray for broccoli!